(1) The cooled medium flows in a closed pipe and does not contact the outside air. The heat exchanges heat and mass through the heat exchanger tube wall with the outside air, spray water, etc., to realize the cooling medium cooling equipment. Therefore, the cooled medium will not be polluted, evaporated, or concentrated, and there is no need to add water and medicine, thereby ensuring the performance and life of related equipment, and daily management is also very convenient.
(2) The closed-loop cooling tower does not require frequent shutdowns for maintenance, and the operation is stable and safe, which can reduce the failure rate of associated equipment, and is suitable for systems that require continuous operation.
(3) Because the cooling medium is not exposed to sunlight and is not in contact with the air, it will not produce algae and salt crystals, "no need to remove algae and salt", so as to ensure the high-performance operation of the system.
(4) The closed-loop cooling tower can be operated in dry mode and will not breed all kinds of bacteria, so it is especially suitable for occasions with air purification needs, and it is often used in water-deficient and dry areas.
(5) When the fluid is a volatile or toxic or irritating solution, a closed circulation system is used, which will not pollute the environment, so it is widely used in systems that have strict requirements for fluids.
(6) The cooled medium flows in a closed pipeline. The cooled medium is generally softened water. The closed-loop cooling tower system pipeline and the heat exchanger of the cooled equipment will not scale. The cooled equipment has high operating efficiency and the entire system is energy-saving.
(1) The cooled medium circulates in the open system. The circulating medium is concentrated due to evaporation. It needs to be added and replenished all year round. Moreover, because the cooled medium directly contacts the air, it is easy to be polluted. When encountering sulfide, the fluid will be acidic. Reaction, causing damage to connected equipment.
(2) Open circuit cooling towers must be shut down frequently for maintenance, which is not suitable for systems that require continuous operation.
(3) Open operation by the cooling medium and exposure to sunlight can easily produce algae and salt crystals, which will affect the performance of the system.
(4) Dry operation is not possible.
(5) When the fluid is a volatile, toxic, or irritating solution, there are potential safety hazards in the open cooling tower operation mode.
(6) The cooled medium circulates in the open type, and the system pipes and the heat exchanger of the cooled equipment are easy to foul, which reduces the heat exchange efficiency of the cooled equipment and increases the operating cost of the system.